Friday, December 01, 2017

Picturing Prince

by Steve Parke
foreward by Sheila E.
Hennepin County Library hardcover 233 pages plus index
genre: non-fiction, photos and stories

I read a review of this book and was curious. I liked Prince a lot as a teenager and I loved the "hometown hero" aspect of his fame. Parke did a wonderful job of telling stories about his experiences working with Prince over 13 years. The photos were an interesting mix of moods - the ones taken at the arboretum were my favorites. I enjoyed this, but am once again sad that such a talented person died young. It doesn't matter now, but I think he'd be horrified at what is happening with his estate and music. Having a will would have made a difference . . . to people on this side of eternity. And perhaps to his legacy.

No comments: