Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The Twelve Dogs of Christmas

by David Rosenfelt
Hennepin County Library audiobook 5 CDs
read by Grover Gardner
genre: realistic murder mystery

Andy Carpenter, Tillman, Caffey, Big Tiny, "Pups" and others made this an interesting story about a dying woman, a murder trial, and big money. I was a bit confused about the senator from South Dakota and the blackmailing, but it all came together.

I'm not a huge fan of courtroom dramas, but there was enough other stuff to make it work. Carpenter is a defense attorney who is working for Martha Boyer, aka "Pups" in a triple murder trial. It's fun to see him follow hunches and unravel what's really going on. I liked the Jewish elderly people who helped him with some computer hacking. I also liked gang leader Big Tiny . . . though he's a thug in his own right.

I enjoyed it, but won't seek out other books by this author. There are so many other things I like so much more.

No comments: