Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey

by Trenton Lee Stewart
Carver County Library audiobook 11 CDs
read by Del Roy
genre: YA mystery / adventure

I would have enjoyed reading this much more than I did listening. The narrator did a fine job, I suppose, but it just didn't work for me. The children seemed too childish and silly. In book one, they were clever and resourceful. In this story, they are headed to visit with Mr. Benedict after six months apart from one another. But they don't get the message warning them not to come. Mr. Benedict and Number Two have been kidnapped! They decide to embark on an adventure to try to save him anyway. Some of the clues and mysteries were engaging; others just irritated me and I know I would have read those sections much more quickly. Will I go on to book three? TBD. Not right now, for sure.

No comments: