Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Matched

by Ally Condie
PRMS paperback ? pages
genre: dystopian romance

My 8th grade book club discussed this today. Since I read it last year, I didn't re-read it. I did okay discussing it with the kids, but was curious to see what my initial response was. Checked my blog for the last year and a half (after searching for the author's name and the title) and came up empty. I never wrote about it! Grrr. How often do I do that? I really, really like having this record of books and impressions so I don't get so darn confused.

Memories:
Liking Ky better than Xander, but feeling kind of bad for the "safe" best friend.
Not liking it as much as Hunger Games.
Comparing grandpa's death in this society to a Logan's Run scenario - the old are killed before they get to be too much of a health expense.
The beauty and power of poetry and literature.
The fearfulness of a tyrannical government (very Big Brother-ish)

No comments: