Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Paranormalcy

by Kiersten White
PRMS paperback 335 pages
genre: paranormal romance

My 8th grade book club is reading this and our discussion should be lively. So far, I've heard, "This is the worst book ever written!" and "I LOVE this book! It's the best!" Personally, I liked it more than I expected. It's different, quirky. Evelyn (Evie) can see through paranormal creatures' glamours to what is really inside (vampire, werewolf, hag, etc.). She works for the IPCA (International Paranormal Containment Agreement). Lend is a new creature she's never encountered before. A teenager like her, she is continually drawn to visit him in detainment. Funny, odd, interesting . . . I'm almost curious to read book two. And I'm definitely looking forward to discussing this with my students. BTW, the romance isn't very romantic, but it's still a fun book.

No comments: