Friday, April 14, 2023

The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes

 by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Libby audiobook 10 hours

Read by Alexander Spencer

Published: 1985 (this version)

Genre: Detective Mystery


This collection of short stories opened with Silver Blaze! Since I had just listened to that one in a different collection, I skipped ahead to the next story.


The Yellow Face - little girl with a mask. Kind of sad, really. Definitely more a product of the age it was written (1893).


The Stockbroker's Clerk - interesting. Didn't really seem like a typical Holmes story.


The Gloria Scott - dude ruins former shipmates' lives . . . 


The Musgrave Ritual - The trigonometry was great, but would the trees cast the same shadows after a few hundred years? I don't think so. The gruesome end was creepy.Butler, Charles I crown, familiar


The Reigate Puzzle - father / son - murder of coachman


The Crooked Man - long, boring, drawn out, mongoose named Teddy


The Resident Patient - nerves, hanging, weird


The Greek Interpreter - so sad! Some people will do any unscrupulous thing for money. Mycroft / Diogenes Club


The Naval Treaty - stolen document, brother of fiancee, Sherlock doing battle


The Final Problem - Professor Moriarty and Sherlock's end . . . reminded me of the play I saw with Ann that reinterpreted this story. 


I published this blog a week ago before I'd finished writing about these last three stories! Oops. Four people read this entry before I could complete it. I'm getting too careless.

No comments: