Thursday, April 20, 2023

Prison to Praise

by Merlin Carothers

personal collection paperback 106 pages

Published: 1970

Genre: Christian faith, witness, memoir


This is one of those books that has been sitting around my house for too long. I'm so glad I read it! My plan is to donate it to The Recovery Church, but I am very glad I read this book.


Carothers has a wonderful personal story filled with action. After being determined to get his own way, God got hold of him! I started putting post-it notes on pages, but instead just started underlining. (I hope that doesn't irritate the next person who reads it too much.)


I love that Carothers shared his struggles and doubts as well as how God worked powerfully in his life. He is very relatable. (I looked online and see that he published lots of books and ministered until his death in 2013.


The power of praise. Praising in ALL circumstances. There is so much Scripture to support his ministry of praising God continually. 


I love this book. I hope other readers of it are blessed!


Also, I think it's weird that there's no Wikipedia page for him. Perhaps I should author one . . . but I've not yet done any of that.

No comments: