Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Cut the Clutter: A Simple Organization Plan for a Clean and Tidy Home

by Cynthia Townley Ewer
Hennepin County Library paperback 231 pages plus resources
genre: non-fiction, organization

This DK book is very appealing to look at, but I found it less helpful than Simply Clean. It ended up being a skim-read for sections not relevant to me. It also seemed repetitive.

The pages on "clutter personality" were interesting . . . but mostly in terms of other people I know.
  • The hoarder - "This might come in handy someday."
  • The deferrer - "I'll think about that tomorrow."
  • The rebel - "I don't wanna and you can't make me!"
  • The perfectionist - "Next week, I'll organize everything . . . perfectly."
  • The sentimentalist - "Oh, the little darling!"
Her next pages on psychology were also interesting. After that, though, it didn't really offer me any suggestions that I wanted to latch onto. Back to the library!

No comments: