Friday, February 17, 2017

Cover Up: Mystery at the Super Bowl

by John Feinstein
Hennepin County Library audiobook 5 discs
read by the author
genre: YA realistic fiction, sports

Not my genre, but an enjoyable enough story. I finally learned how to pronounce the author's name - "Fine-steen" not "Fine- Stine" like I'd been saying. This is the third book with teenage journalists Stevie and Susan Carol. (Their names make me cringe . . . ) They are finally heading into the boyfriend / girlfriend territory.

The usual intrigue, blustering, and sleuthing. The idea of two teenagers getting this much attention from professional athletes, journalists, etc. . . . was a bit too much of a reach for me. But I think tweens and some teens will find a lot to like in the story.

My favorite part was the riffs on Stevie not reading enough and the references to The Caine Mutiny. Literary allusions - yes!

No comments: