Tuesday, February 28, 2017

I Funny TV: A Middle School Story

by James Patterson
Hennepin County Library audiobook 3 CDs
read by Frankie Seratch
genre: YA humor

I have a bunch of these books but had never read one before. I listened to this while sewing on Saturday in my quilting studio. Interesting, but incredibly farfetched. Just heard a student today describe the "I Funny" books as soooo funny!

Guess you need a middle schooler sense of humor. I enjoyed young Jamie Grimm and his friends. I did *not* appreciate the bullies who would punch a kid, especially a kid in a wheelchair. I could not fathom adults who observed such bullying ignoring it. And Hollywood may be crazy to normal people, but it does *not* give a million dollar advance to a teenager based on winning a contest and as an advance for a pilot . . . which is shot in front of a live audience . . . with a teenage director.

I could go on, but I don't think I need to. I'm glad I have these in my collection and that they appeal to middle schoolers. Patterson is a very talented man.

No comments: