Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The 36-Hour Day: A Family Guide to caring for persons with Alzheimer disease, related dementing illnesses, and memory loss in later life

by Mace and Rabins
loaned by a friend, paperback, lots of pages
genre: Non-fiction, care-giver support

This looked quite good, but my mother (who had dementia) is dead, and I've got more books to read than time right now. Since I've put in my resignation notice already for the end of this year, I'm trying to finish the books I need to return to Chaska people.

I wanted to include a blog entry so that if/when I find myself in a place to seek this info, I can just go ahead and buy this book for myself. I read through the table of contents and know this would be valuable.

(Above was written 2.28.17 and I'm adding below on 3.8.17.)

I have a blog called "Lessons Learned While Caring for Elderly Parents" and it's at http://lessonslearnedcaregiving.blogspot.com/  I haven't written a lot in it, but I'll try to get back into it. It's so hard to deal with aging parents and the challenges (emotional, social, financial, physical) that come along with it! Leave comments or questions for me on that blog.

No comments: