Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Burning Bridge

book two in The Ranger's Apprentice series
by John Flanagan
PRMS, hardcover, 262 pages

Loved this! I missed the wonderful reader's voice and accents from listening to book one, but the story is filled with adventure and a bit of mystery. Morgarath attacks, the rangers are amazing, and the king's daughter Cassandra is in danger. The ending surprised me, since it's a cliffhanger. Now I have to read book three!

 

<Above published on 8.22.10. Below added 5.16.23.>

 

Libby ebook

While in Costa Rica, I read book one in/on Libby and immediately checked out book two!

 

I only bookmarked one passage, but had forgotten that this was a cliffhanger so I hurriedly got book three . . . 

 

Chapter 14: "'Then don't!' Gilan said forcefully. 'Self-doubt is a disease. And if it gets out of control, it becomes self-fulfilling. You have to learn from what happened . . . Use the experience to make you stronger.'"

 

Gilan is older than Will and was also trained by Halt. Will needs to build his confidence, and Gilan's advice is sound. In this story, Will and Evanlyn are taken by the Skandian raiders who had been mercenaries for Morgarath. Horace has an amazing battle.

 

These books are so addicting! I went immediately to book three.

No comments: