Saturday, March 08, 2008

On the Wrong Tracks

by Steve Hockensmith
CD, Carver County, 9.5 hours
Read by William Dufris

I picked this because I thought Louie and the boys would enjoy it on our drive up to Strawberry Lake. Alex ignored it, but Morgan and Louie got a few chuckles. (I fell asleep.) Now that Louie and I have each finished listening to it, it's time to blog.

Very funny and a little "off" humor! Gustav & Otto Amlingmeyer are trying to work as detectives on the Southern Pacific railway. Lots of colorful characters and strange occurrences make this a rollicking story. Apparently, this is a sequel to "Holmes on the Range." I mostly liked it, but wish the author hadn't used quite so much swearing. For a family-friendly jacket and description, it needed some soap-washing of mouths. Still, it was an engaging enough mystery and adventure story to keep my attention to the very end.

No comments: