Monday, December 05, 2022

The Great British Baking Show Love to Bake

 with recipes by Paul Hollywood, Prue Leith,  & the bakers

Hennepin County Library hardcover 288 pages

Published: 2020

Genre: cookbook


I confess I did not read this book in its entirety. There was a lot here - foreword, introduction, meet the bakers, etc. After the recipes, there was a picture directory of all the bakes. They were sorted by savory, gluten-free, etc. 

 

The recipes were fun to look through and I picked the Ricciarelli. The vanilla paste was a bit challenging, but Nick encouraged me to just use vanilla extract. They were a bit moist, but they turned out fine.

 

Changing from grams to ounces or cups was interesting. Celsius to Fahrenheit was easy. The cookies were pretty tasty, but I would add more lemon in the future.

 

The photographs were fantastic. My daughter-in-law Angela owns this book, so I can return this to the library.

No comments: