Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Educated

by Tara Westover

Libby audiobook 12 hours

read by Julia Whelan

Published: 2018

Genre: memoir

 

I had heard about this briefly when it was released. How does someone who never went to school go to college then Cambridge? And become a celebrated author. It was a very interesting and disturbing book. Her Mormon parents were survivalists with extreme views on just about everything (especially her father). He was anti-public school, anti-doctor, anti-government . . . and a challenging person by her account.

 

I found myself wanting to hear her siblings' stories. She gave them different names . . . Tyler and Richard were kinder to her. Shawn (Sean?) was the worst. 

 

I finished this last week. Since I listened to it instead of reading a "print" version, I don't have notes. 

 

I'm sad that her dad had such a hateful view of God's Word and apparently missed out on the Gospel message that Jesus lived and taught. (Does the book of Mormon include the gospels?)

No comments: