Sunday, November 06, 2022

Miscellaneous notes . . .

I don't remember which stor(ies) these came from, but I had a paper with reading notes on it:

 

Exasperated vs. Exacerbated -  I recently listened to an audiobook that mixed up these two words. They MEANT one but used the other. Since I was listening, I don't know what was printed on the page. But these two words mean different things!


 

"Forgetful borrowing" - this was kind of funny. A character left a place with something in hand . . . technically stealing it, but calling it "forgetful borrowing" with the intention of returning it.



"windy" (short i) vs. "windy" (long i) . . . this was so crazy! Again, it was an audiobook. They talked about the "windy river" but it was curving back and forth, not gusting air. The reader referred to it as "windy" (rhymes with "Cindy"). Aggravating!

No comments: