Saturday, November 12, 2022

Vampiric Vacation

by Kiersten White

Sinister Summer book 2

Libby audiobook 6 hours

read by: Keylor Leigh

Published: 2022


I really enjoy these books. I don't usually gravitate toward "dark" themed stories, but hers are so fun! The Sinister-Winterbottom children have been left at a "spa" by their Aunt. I love the alliteration, the cleverness in wordplay. The characters are interesting. I already want to read the next book! (But Camp Creepy doesn't come out until next year.)


Where are their parents?

What's the deal with Aunt Saffronia?

Why don't they remember things (like how they got from the waterpark to the Sanguine Spa without stopping at their aunt's house to pack their bags)?

What are they supposed to be finding / doing?


They have the stopwatch / timer from Fathoms of Fun. I can't remember what they found this time! (The will for the Sanguine Spa? Leaving everything to Mina and Lucy instead of the Count?) I've been reading other people's reviews on Goodreads . . . I don't agree that it's just like A Series of Unfortunate Events. Similar, in some ways. But that series irritated me so much! This one is clever and has more levels to it. (IMO) I really like the different characters and their attitudes - it's welcoming to so many different kinds of young readers. Okay, it's light, frothy, fun, but I like it! (Raisins are truly evil? :-))


Uh oh! "Edgaren't" got away with their locked books! And Quincy Van Helsing is his niece! Cue the dramatic music . . .

No comments: