Tuesday, November 08, 2022

The Ghost and the Mystery Writer

by Bobbi Holmes

Libby audiobook 9 hours

Read by: Romy Nordlinger

Published: 2018

Genre: Murder mystery, paranormal

 

I thought about abandoning this book, but hit the tipping point where I wanted to find out what happened. There were so many allusions to previous events and people that I felt as though it must be a series book. (Yep. This is #9 in the Haunting Danielle series.)

 

SO. Many. Food. and Eating. Scenes. With so much detail! "He popped a french fry in his mouth." "She carefully wiped her mouth with the napkin and set it down." I love food. I love eating. I realized that I do not love reading lots of food scene detail that does not really advance the story.

 

I *loved* Walt the ghost! He's probably my favorite character. I wish there'd been even more of the scene with him and the chief's son. 

 

The woman murdered under the pier . . . the real details and reasons seem a bit muddy. I think if I'd read the entire series from the start, I'd have a better sense of what's at stake.

 

Interesting. Well read. Not a "must read" for me . . . 

No comments: