Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Death on the Nile

by Agatha Christie

Libby audiobook 9:15 hours

read by Kenneth Branagh

Published: 2020 (this recording) / book in 1937

Genre: murder mystery, detective Hercule Poirot

 

 I thought I had read this before, but it was not familiar to me . . . other than the ways it is similar to Murder on the Orient Express. The range of characters, the clues, the interwoven story lines, . . . and of course, Hercule's confident sleuthing.


Lynette Ridgeway is incredibly wealthy. After stealing her best friend's boyfriend, the newlywed honeymooners head to Egypt. I actually considered the true murder suspects before dismissing them. Then I was convinced it was someone else. It was interesting how the story progressed . . . with three murders total. (I would have become incredibly paranoid if I'd been on that boat!)


Branagh's vocal work was fine, but his "female" voices weren't that great. All in all, this kept my attention (even though I like Miss Marple better than Poirot.)

No comments: