Saturday, March 12, 2022

Murder in an Irish Cottage

 by Carlene O'Connor

Libby audiobook 9:30 hours

read by: ???

Published: 

Genre: Murder mystery


I didn't like this story initially, but kept listening to it (of course). My favorite part was main character Siobhan ("Sheh - vahn"). I also really liked the narrator's accent - that Irish lilt gets me every time!


There were lots of clues and lots of suspects. I don't want to leave any spoilers here, but it was wonderful to finally get to the resolution at the end. 


I didn't like Macdara's cousin Jane. She was a piece of work. I didn't like the fairies, fairy rings, cursed cottage, etc. 


This quote made me "rewind" a bunch of times and park my car to write down:

Until one experienced a profound loss of their own, it was impossible to explain that sorrow never vanishes. It was a war, fought not in long drawn-out battles but in everyday unexpected moments.


Siobhan is head of the household (six siblings) since the death of their parents. This really struck me.

No comments: