Tuesday, November 28, 2017

In the Belly of the Bloodhound

by L.A. Meyer
Scott County Library hardcover 515 pages
genre: YA historical fiction, adventure

Okay. I'm hooked on this series. Bloody Jack #4 and I am eager to read the next one! In this story, the girls go for a day trip but are kidnapped by slavers. Jacky is her usual amazing self at problem-solving and making things happen. I especially like the dynamic between her and Clarissa. There was an interesting twist on Constance. Initially, I thought she would be the stereotypical hyper-religious, judgmental foil. But the author really did some interesting things with this story. I love when Katy confides in Jacky about her background. This was a very good story (but I definitely recommend that you read these books in order!) Hughie's part in this story was very well-done.

No comments: