Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Sewing Machine Books

I didn't spend a lot of time with any of these, but they helped me with my "research" to buy a new machine.

The Little Guide to Mastering Your Sewing Machine by Sylvie Blondeau
  • 2015
  • basics / beginner
  • clear, well-written, and well-designed
  • I like her emphasis on knowing yourself and your own style, preferences, habits, etc.
Sewing Machine Secrets by Nicole Vasbinder
  • 2012
  • pg. 21 - stitch types
  • pg. 22-23 - features
  • pg. 24-27 - mechanical vs. computerized
  • pg. 58-61 - clean and maintain
  • good illustrations and photos
  • great explanaztions
 The Sewing Machine Master Guide: from Basic to Expert by Clifford L. Blodget
  • 2013
  • jackpot!
  • he covered all the things I wanted to read about and think about
  • this book helped me make up my mind

No comments: