Saturday, June 03, 2017

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, parts one and two

by John Tiffany and Jack Thorne,
based on an original story by J.K. Rowling
donated copy, hardcover, 308 pages
genre: play script, fantasy

I'm so glad I read this! At first, it really bothered me and I didn't like where the story was going . . . but it made sense by the end. I liked some of the new Potterverse perspectives. I did *not* like the crummy parenting that Harry and Ginny gave to Albus! Dude! How could they be so clueless?!

Delphi was only a little bit of a surprise, since it has been hard to completely ignore references to this story. I don't know that I'd like to see the play, but I'll enjoy re-reading this book.

I loved the friendship between Albus and Scorpius! In fact, Scorpius was my favorite character. The time travel and alternate realities got a bit mind-bending at times. Most of all, this seems to be a story about parents and children. A tale as old as time!

No comments: