Saturday, June 03, 2017

Saint Odd

by Dean Koontz
Hennepin County Library audiobook 8 CDs
read by David Aaron Baker
genre: paranormal mystery

* This includes spoilers! I highly recommend you read / listen to the books in order!*

Baker's vocal work is simply perfect for Odd Thomas. I was in tears by the end of the book. Part of me didn't really believe that Odd would die. I don't often cry for the death of a fictional character.

celadon - what color is that? I guessed blue, but had to look it up.
(From www.beautycolorcode.com :)

https://www.beautycolorcode.com/ace1af-320x320-celadon-color.png
What was book 7? Have I read it? List from Wikipedia . . . yes, I read Deeply Odd. The Satanic cult was a bit too dark and creepy for me. Probably why I wasn't in a hurry to read Saint Odd, though it was published two years ago.
 Amaranth - again, my curiosity was piqued. It seemed so mystical in the story, but it's an ancient grain (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaranth).

Contumax / Potestas . . . . more weird cult stuff. I'm not so curious anymore.

I like Odd Thomas, Chief Porter, Ozzie Boone, . . . and am sad to say goodbye to this series. Though a part of me wonders if Koontz is leaving the door open to a series about Stormy and Odd and whatever they're dealing with in the next life.

No comments: