Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2)

by Sarah Maas
Hennepin County Library paperback 418 pages
genre: YA fantasy

I don't like reading series books out of order! When I read book one in this series, I wasn't super impressed. Then last summer, book three was on a reading list . . . or part of the YAC program . . . or something. So I read book three. Again, I didn't love it, but definitely got drawn into the story. I will have to read book four to find out what happens! (With my luck, it's going to be a ten book series . . . )

I'm not sure why I *still* don't totally love the protagonist, a kick-butt heroine who happens to be an assassin. It is because I'm not sure how to pronounce her name? ("Celaena" . . . "Selena"?) I definitely get drawn into the stories. I put on the car light so I could keep reading on our way up to the lake!

I'm glad that it filled in my gap of what happened with Nehemia, Chaol, Dorian, Asher, and even Sam (I barely remember book one at all.). I have book four on hold at the library!

No comments: