Saturday, December 09, 2023

Le Petit Monde de Pierre Lapin

by Beatrix Potter

Translated by Erik Bjork

Read by Erik Bjork

Libby audiobook 49 minutes

Published: 1901 . . . 2016 this version

Genre: Children's fiction, French


I only listened to the first story (The Tale of Peter Rabbit). There are seven of Beatrix Potter's books on this! It was only 5:42 of the full 49 minutes.


The first time I listened, I only caught isolated words - "jardin" (garden), "lui dit" (he said), etc.


The second time I listened, I slowed it down to about 85% and could understand a bit more.


The third time, I followed along with the print version (in English) and I could more clearly understand some of the French. My language skills have really gotten weak!


L'histoire de Pierre Lapin was delightful!

No comments: