Saturday, December 23, 2023

Pride and Prejudice

by Jane Austen

Libby audiobook 12 hours

Read by Kate Kellgren

Published: 1813 (this version 2010)

Genre: historical fiction, romance

 

I can't believe I've never blogged this book before! It's one of my favorites. Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy are so delightful. I have so many favorite scenes. This audiobook was sheer pleasure to listen to (except for Mr. Collins' long-winded obnoxiousness, of course). 

 

I love Keira Knightley in the 2005 film version (and most of the rest of the cast). But Colin Firth in the 1995 television series is an amazing Mr. Darcy. Ahh. I could rewatch, relisten, and reread again and again. But I have so many other books right now! 


I just went to my old Excel spreadsheet of reading response and found this:

Pride and Prejudice

Austen, Jane

4/26/07

Love story from the 1800s. Who was more prideful - Elizabeth Bennett or Mr. Darcy? 

 I love this story! The movie version with Keira Knightley was my first experience with Jane Austen's work. The language, manners, and social conventions are so different from our age, but it's a wonderful love story nonetheless.

 

 

Wow! I didn't realize I hadn't read Austen before watching the movie back in 2007! Memory can be deceptive . . . 







CD / Carver County / unabridged / approx. 16 hours May, Nadia - beautiful British accent, but she sounded too old for the young characters. . . 

No comments: