Friday, September 23, 2022

Murder of Crows

 by K. Ancrum

"Lethal Lit: A Tig Torres Mystery"

Libby audiobook 6 hours

Read by: Rebecca Soler

Published: 2022

Genre: YA detective, murder mystery


Hmmm. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Here are my notes and added commentary:

  • sound effects - unnecessary and irritating
  • It this book 2? Lit Killer, Ollie, serial killer teacher . . . (According to Goodreads, this is book #1 but it is between two seasons of an actual podcast which I haven't listened to. LOTS of references to the previous year and the capture of a serial killer. I was sure I had missed the first book in a series!)
  • Tig Torres, Max, Ella, Wynn - four friends on the school newspaper staff
  • Lesbian relationships . . . Tig and Wynn? Abuela and what's her face? (Goodreads - this author writes lesbian romance. Makes sense.)
  • like a "1970s Willy Wonka creepy" . . . made me laugh! This book is definitely geared to modern young readers. I'm not the target audience and so some of the characters' attitudes or words were irritating to me. 

 

Loved: the artifacts, the hunt for the mystery and the treasure.

Hated: the violence and murders.

 

Hated most of all: Tig's stupidity in confronting the intruder who was much bigger than her. Seriously? I know you've not had great success with 911 and the Hollow Falls police, but at least clunk the guy on the head with a frying pan or something. What a stupid move to just walk in and talk to him.

No comments: