Thursday, July 23, 2015

Talon

by Julie Kagawa
Hennepin County Library hardcover 446 pages
genre: YA fantasy romance

I liked this. I may even read the next book in the series, if my "to be read" pile ever shrinks! I think I need to buy some of this author's YA books for school.

Talon is the secret dragon organization. Dante and Ember are "twins" - nest mates, but in their human form they are brother and sister. Sent to Crescent Beach, CA for the summer to learn how to assimilate with other humans and prepare for the next stage of their training, Ember fully embraces the experience. In fact, she starts falling in love with Garrett, a human.

Garrett is a soldier in the Order of St. George. They are sworn to destroy all dragons. He and his partner Tristan are sent to Crescent Beach on a mission to locate a "sleeper" dragon and destroy it before it can fully mature.

Throw in rogue Dylan (aka Cobalt), the evil trainer Lilith, and lots of action and romance. Fun read!

No comments: