Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Testing

by Joelle Charbonneau
Hennepin County Library audiobook 10 discs
read by Elizabeth Morton
genre: YA dystopian

I thought this story was okay. The premise seems a bit of a stretch . . . seven wars have devastated the earth, poisoning the water, land, and creatures. The people who survived are trying to revitalize the land. So . . . each colony's best and brightest students are sent to Tosu City for the testing. The testing is barbaric and weeds out young people who err by letting them die horrible, violent deaths.

It's kind of like a Hunger Games with more strategy and lying. I have more notes out in my car. I'll probably update this entry, but it's not worth a lot of effort. It kept my attention and now I know how to booktalk it. I may or may not read books 2 and 3 . . .

No comments: