Monday, October 20, 2014

Ouran High School Host Club

by Bisco Hatori (story & art)
Hennepin County Library paperback upaged
genre: YA manga, romance

"In this screwball romantic comedy, a poor girl at a rich kids' school ends up working for the school's swankiest club - and gets mistaken for a boy!"

Sigh. A student requested this series. I really don't like manga. This is relatively clean (though I'm not quite sure if the "hosts" offer sex to their "guests" or if it's all just flirty). The characters are all stereotypical. The drawing style has the big eyes and "beautiful" people down. The focus is on money, family status, fitting in, etc.

I can honestly say that this wasn't repugnant. I can also honestly say that I'm spending enough of my budget on graphic novels and manga already. I'm not going to add another title to my collection unless my budget increases a lot.

No comments: