Sunday, November 10, 2013

Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity

by David Allen
Hennepin County Library
AudioCDs 7 discs
read by the author
genre: Non-fiction, organization, time management

This was worth waiting for! Not sure where I first heard about it, but I've been on the waiting list for over three months. His system makes a lot of sense to me, but I'm a little intimidated about getting going. I've blocked off the two days after Thanksgiving to "collect" all my "open loops" and do the collecting and processing at home to get my clutter (mental and physical) under control. I have already started on little pieces - like having an errands list and a projects list. The "next action" concept is something I'll have to practice more. I love the point he makes about to-do lists and calendar items. I'm excited to try this and I hope to make progress! I think for now, I'm only going to implement it at home. I really ought to try it at work, too, but I'm just not ready to go there yet.

No comments: