Friday, November 29, 2013

Obsidian

a Lux novel
by Jennifer L Armentrout
Hennepin County Library paperback 335 pages
genre: paranormal romance

This was highly recommended by a ninth grader who is near & dear to my heart. I requested it from the library, got it, and had to hurry and read it because there's a waiting list for it. It was cleaner than I anticipated (lots and lots of sexual tension and attraction, but not much activity). I'm glad that I didn't read the back before reading the book . . . and I don't want to spoil it here. Obviously, the incredibly gorgeous neighbor, Daemon, is not an ordinary person. But Katy's introduction to this supermodel hottie is a rude one. He is insulting and condescending. She throws his rudeness right back at him and decides she is better off not making friends in this new town in West Virginia. Until she meets Daemon's sister Dee. This was an exciting page-turner. I can see why my student recommended it ("Jennifer Armentrout is my *favorite* author!!!) but I don't plan to read more. Although it is less cloying than other books in this genre, it is basically a teen hormone book. One I would consider adding to my collection if I had a bigger budget . . . it has the sex appeal without the actual sex!

No comments: