Friday, November 22, 2013

Bone: Quest for the Spark

Book 2
by Tom Sniegoski
PRMS paperback 234 pages
genre: YA adventure

I'm not sure where I originally got this, but it's not as much fun as the graphic novels. I read it to see if I wanted to buy book one and continue it as a collection. No, I don't. I had to force myself to read it. It actually "feels" like the tone and mood of the graphic novels, but the cast of characters just didn't do it for me.

Tom Elm (young hero, identified by the Dreaming to lead the quest)
Percival Bone (flies the Queen of the Sky ship and tinkers with things)
Randolf Clearmeadow (Veni Yan who has lost his confidence and is helping with the quest)
Abbey & Barclay (twins, obnoxious, Percival's niece and nephew)
Roderick the raccoon
Stinky & Smelly - the two stupid rat creatures
Lorimar - tree spirit
Nacht (sheer evil being, determined to destroy the Dreaming)
the Constable (a human, taken over by an evil spirit to do the Nacht's bidding)
King Agak - leader of the rat creatures
Bears - Al, Bobby, & ?

No comments: