Sunday, October 13, 2013

Love, Stargirl

by Jerry Spinelli
Hennepin County Library audioCDs, 6:20
read by Mandy Siegfried

This book bugged me . . . and I'm not sure why. Dootsie was a little brat, Stargirl was irritating, Perry was such a delinquent (though we finally find out what's up with him toward the end of the book). Spinelli definitely creates memorable characters, though. I found myself wanting to meet Arnold, Betty Lou, Alvina, and Charlie. The storyline of Stargirl writing a book-long letter to Leo back in Arizona just didn't work for me, though. I am not sure what kind of reader would most enjoy this book . . . and I kind of want to re-read Stargirl. I loved that book! Siegfried's voice work was nice, so I'm really not sure why this story bugged me so much.

Sigh. No idea when I wrote this . . . I probably read it at LEAST three years ago. I'm not very good at keeping track of things. That was the purpose of this blog. To keep track of the books I'm reading. That's why I don't want to use GoodReads. I want everything in one place so I can find it!

No comments: