Monday, August 11, 2008

Sticks & Stones

by Susan Meissner
Lake Agassiz Regional Library, paperback, 248 pages

In this one, Rachael, Trace, and McKenna have moved back to the Twin Cities. Rachael is now working for Ramsey County when she receives a note that a body will be found. She shares the note with her friend Will Pendleton, and they again embark on an investigation.

I enjoyed this story a little less than the previous one. Maybe I'm just too hard to please with books - kind of like Louie with restaurants. Rachael and Trace have an almost cloyingly perfect relationship. It seems that the things Rachael agonizes over are a bit over-done.

I think I prefer Meissner's Why the Sky Is Blue over these Flynn mysteries, but maybe I shouldn't have read them sequentially . . . I think my favorite is still Figaro and his approach to life and creativity. Fun!

No comments: