Monday, January 07, 2008

Eragon by Christopher Paolini

I re-read this one because it's been at least five years since I first read it and I didn't really remember it very well. Now I'm ready to tackle book two, The Eldest. I hope it doesn't take him too long to finish writing book three. I don't think I want to re-read them again just to keep the flow of the story line. Though it's amazing that a teen author produced such a high quality story, there are times when his youth and inexperience are all too clear.

I like the earnestness of Eragon as a character. Murtagh is intriguing - it will be interesting to see what develops with him in the next book. All in all, a delightful fantasy adventure story. I'm not sure I'll have time for the next one - good thing I picked it up on CD from the library today!

No comments: