Friday, January 18, 2008

Mrs. Pollifax and the Whirling Dervish by Dorothy Gilman

Another re-read. In this one, Emily Polifax goes to Morocco with seven photographs. Her job is to keep an eye on "agent" Max Janko while he checks the identity of the seven people. Only this Max is not her ally. . . I'm not sure why I like these books so much (or why I continue to re-read spy stories three or four times - not for the suspense factor, obviously). I think I like her mix of naivety & cleverness. She's one of my favorite protagonists. This story is missing the denouement with Carstairs' and Bishops' amazement, though. Still, a delightful read.

Meanwhile, I'm in my second month of reading Israel, My Beloved. I've also started Paolini's Eldest on CD. And of course, reading my Bible and various other printed matters!

No comments: