Sunday, January 20, 2008

Eldest by Christopher Paolini

668 pages

Well, I finally read book two in the Inheritance series. I hope #3 comes out soon, so I don't lose the thread of characters and storylines. I did a combo of listening to this on CD (Carver County libraries) and the hardcover book from CMSW. There were some surprises and some very predictable plot "twists," but I don't want to include any spoilers. As with the first book, I found the story engaging. In some ways, I dislike Paolini's style - it still seems somewhat stilted - but am impressed with his creativity. It is easy to believe that he spent his childhood reading fantasy extensively. I look forward to the conclusion of his trilogy and hope for a happy ending! Angela and Solembum are still my favorite characters.

No comments: