Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Enola Holmes and the Mark of the Mongoose (Enola Holmes #10)

by Nancy Springer

Libby audiobook 5 hours

Read by Tamaryn Payne

Published: 2023

Genre: YA historical fiction, detective mystery

 

I really do like these Enola Holmes mysteries. In this one, we encounter Rudyard Kipling, a rabid dog, and learn about rabies and the work Joseph Lister was doing in 1890 to find an inoculation for people who were bitten by rabid animals.  


Enola is lovely, smart, and action-oriented. I love her relationship to Sherlock and their bantering. I also like how Harold the driver is looking out for her. And Maude! What a kick-butt, no nonsense gal. 

 

I may need to figure out which ones I haven't read yet . . . Pink Fan? Cryptic Crinoline? (Below from Wikipedia.)

No comments: