Thursday, March 29, 2018

The Masterpiece

by Francine Rivers
Dakota County Library audiobook 13 CDs
read by Susan Bennett
genre: Christian realistic fiction, relationships

Oh my! I had this title on hold in numerous library systems - print, large print, audio . . . and finally got it from Dakota County. I almost wish I'd gone ahead and bought it off Amazon! I didn't finish it before we had our book club discussion (and warned everyone that I'd leave if they needed to talk about the ending). It was so good!

Roman Velasco is an artist with a deep back story. Grace Moore is his new assistant with a back story of her own. Right from the get-go, readers know the two will end up together. But it's how they get there that makes this a gripping story! Rivers uses flashbacks effectively, taking us into the main characters' childhoods, teen years, and young adulthood to help move the story forward.

I don't want to include any spoilers here. It's just such a good book!

Francine Rivers interviewed a graffiti artist who became a Christian. Cool stuff! (And the source of her cover image: http://www.camer1.com/)

No comments: