Thursday, May 04, 2017

Love 2.0: How our supreme emotion affects everything we feel, think, do, and become

by Barbara Fredrickson, Ph.D.
Hennepin library, hardcover 195 pages plus notes
genre: non-fiction, psychology

I got this because it was mentioned in another book I am reading. It sounded interesting, but I won't read it. It's due back to the library today with a waiting list of other readers. My quick-look was enough for me . . . if you don't believe in Jesus Christ, this book might be awesome for you. Love is a powerful experience and Fredrickson defines it and talks about its power in our lives.

Here's the table of contents:
Part I. The Vision
1 - Love, Our Supreme Emotion
2 - What Love Is
3 - Love's Biology
4 - Love's Ripples
Part II. The Guidance
5 - Loving Kindness
6 - Loving Self
7 - Loving Others, in Sickness and in Health
8 - Loving Without Borders
9 - A Closing Loving Glance

As a believer in God's ultimate love for all of us, I'll stick with reading the Bible on this topic. I remember an old boyfriend a long time ago accusing me of being "in love with love." As I struggle with my attitude and negativity, I think I'd rather be guilty of loving love too much! (Though I'm pretty sure he was referring to romanticism . . . )

No comments: