Sunday, May 22, 2016

Caregiving: the Spiritual Journey of Love, Loss, and Renewal

by Beth Witrogen McLeod
Hennepin County Library paperback 233 plus endpages, index, etc.
genre: non-fiction, caregiving (duh.)

I really tried to get into this, but it simply did not resonate for me. I liked leafing through and reading some people's personal experience stories, but I didn't like the author's philosophical blah blah blah. It has some rave reviews, so I have to conclude that it simply isn't the "right book at the right time" for me. Everyone's experience is different; I don't think my experience resonates much for others. (Though a colleague said I should blog about some of the things I've dealt with over the last five and a half years, caring for elderly parents. I'm seriously considering it.)

One page really really spoke to me, so I scanned it to include it here:

































I don't think I've reached my limits, but I've definitely been pushed far, far out of my comfort zone. I believe I'll need to write a letter to send to my three siblings-in-law . . . but I'll clear it with Louie after writing / before sending. The stresses are not just me being selfish. I'm not a huge fan of the multigenerational household, but I'm grateful to God that we are able to provide a home for Lou.

No comments: