Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Island of Silence (The Unwanteds #2)

by Lisa McMann
Hennepin County Library hardcover 406 pages
genre: Children's fantasy fiction

I only read this because my sixth graders in book club were reading it. The first part of it, I was bored and thought it was written to appeal to very young, very dull children. Then it got more interesting and by the time I finished it, I knew I had to read book 3 to find out what happens next!

The title is a misnomer - the island of silence is discovered, but we learn almost nothing about it.

The kids and I had a good discussion and all agreed that Simber was our favorite character. The whole Alex / Aaron twin thing is irritating. Why wouldn't the adults in powerful positions keep a closer eye on these special kids? Duh.

No comments: