Friday, February 14, 2014

Witch & Wizard: Battle for Shadowland

by James Patterson & Dara Naraghi
Victor Santos, artist
PRMS hardcover unpaged
genre: YA graphic novel, fantasy

I read this to see if I should use it with 6th grade book club. I was also curious about the novel & the graphic novel . . . since I've heard rave reviews about the book. A student wanted the book, so I just read the first 40 pages (after reading this graphic novel). Here's what I found: this graphic is definitely NOT the same as the first book in the series. (In fact, it says, "An original graphic novel adventure" on the front cover.) I wish I had had time to read the entire novel to see how it fits . . . but I'd rather get it to the student and read it later.

In this book, siblings Wisteria (Wisty) and Whitlock (Whit) are part of a group of kids who live in "Freeland" - a kind of wasted futuristic landscape. They are fighting against the "One who is the One." Sigh. I'm out of time to blog. Interesting graphic novel, but I don't think I'll use it for book club.

No comments: