Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Odd Apocalypse

by Dean R. Koontz
Hennepin County Library hardcover 355 pages
genre: paranormal mystery

I was on the waiting list for this for a looooong time so it was gratifying to get it and have time to read it (on the bus to TIES and waiting for a tire rotation). Odd and Annamaria have ended up at Roseland, an impressive estate with something very wrong. As Odd lets his psychic magnetism guide him, the dangers mount on all sides. I love the role Nikola Tesla played in this story. I find it amusing that Alfred Hitchcock is manifesting to Odd in this tale. Koontz has woven many current pop culture references in this story (including Justin Bieber). Delightful story, though I'll probably take a listen to it again when it comes out on audio. I simply adore the vocal work that David Aaron Baker does!

No comments: