Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Let Love Find You

by Johanna Lindsey
Hennepin County Library audioCDs 8 discs
read by Anne Flosnik
genre: historical romance

I might have enjoyed this story more, but the reader's voice was irritating and over-the-top on the romantic scenes. It ended up being more silly than romantic. I don't really know why I grab romance novels . . . with the exception of Lavyrle Spencer, I usually find the stories hopelessly lacking in good storytelling.

Amanda Locke is on her third season (almost an old maid at age 20!) and Devin Baldwin is the gorgeous, blunt bastard who makes her angry. Yeah, they end up together. No surprises in this genre. I wonder / think . . . would have I enjoyed it more if I had read the text instead of listening to Ms. Flosnik? Yes, but not much.

No comments: