Wednesday, January 19, 2022

The Mighty Miss Malone

by Christopher Paul Curtis

Libby audiobook 8 hours

Read by Bahni Turpin

Published: 2012

Genre: YA historical fiction


I love this author! This is another book by him that both entertained and educated me. Deza is a very bright twelve-year-old at the center of this story set in the Great Depression. Her older brother Jimmy and her parents all have their own challenges, but young Deza has dreams of higher education and writing. After a horrible boating accident on Lake Michigan, all their lives are changed dramatically. 


I don't want to include any spoilers, but I loved how the story unfolded and how it turned out. As I listened, I thought about writing a letter to Christopher Paul Curtis. He is an amazing author. This is a powerful book. (Yes, I cried.)

No comments: