Tuesday, November 16, 2021

The Old Fox Deceiv'd

 By Martha Grimes

"A Richard Jury Mystery"

Libby audiobook

Read by Steve West

Published: 2013

Genre: murder mystery

 

This was good, but also one I'd rather have had in print! There were a lot of characters and clues. I liked Inspector Jury, but disliked Harkins(?). I had to go back and re-listen to the opening scene . . . which person was killed? So many interesting details! The artist, the barkeep, Bertie, . . . of course, Julian seemed the most likely killer so it couldn't possibly be him. But who? I loved how the story unraveled, slowly and with increasing tension. A second murder . . . on the moor. Great British story! I'll read more of hers, but will get them in print form! (The reader was excellent, but there were simply too many characters and details to wrap my brain around.)



No comments: