Saturday, October 30, 2021

Bruno, Chief of Police

by Martin Walker

Libby audiobook 8 hours

read by Robert Ian MacKenzie

Published: 2008

Genre: Detective, murder mystery


This was interesting. Set in rural France, it was unlike other murder mysteries I've read. The themes of racial violence and history actually paired incredibly well with the book club book I just finished. 


I liked the descriptions of food and wine. I liked Bruno's somewhat unethical approach to life and policing . . . but it totally fit the small town vibe. I don't know that I liked it enough to read other books in the series (at least right now), but it was significantly better than the pseudo-mystery romance garbage that I got on my previous two tries of mystery audiobooks!


I should probably stick with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle or Agatha Christie for a while. . .

No comments: